Friday, June 5, 2009

Product Review: Suave Volumizing Shampoo

I bought this shampoo and conditioner on a whim while stocking up on some things at Ulta a few weeks ago. I was looking for the purple Sunsilk (I think its ThermaShine?) and looked everywhere in that store but they do not seem to carry Sunsilk anymore. I swear I've bought it there before but thats neither here nor there. When I couldn't find the Sunsilk, and armed with a 20% off my entire purchase coupon, I decided to try John Frieda's Root Awakening Shampoo and Conditioner. Over the years, I've tried to save money on my shampoo and conditioner and shy away from the $6 smaller bottles that I feel like John Frieda uses. Once again though, I'd heard something good about this, had my coupon, and decided to give it a whirl.
I really liked this product for the first 4 or 5 uses. The minty aromatherapy bonus was nice too but I felt like it made my hair really flat after the first day. Based on the name, I was expecting a lot of volumizing action but that was not the case. Nor do I think it is actually the point of the product, the name is a little misleading if you ask me. I do not wash my hair every single day unless I work out or am doing something special, etc. My hair is thick, not oily at all, and I don't sweat that much so I'm typically a wash every other day girl. By day 2 with this shampoo though, I was not impressed. (also, do any of you ever read those articles that say that people like Heidi Klum and Giselle prefer their hair when it hasn't been washed for 4 or 5 days? GROSS! I guess maybe they are on to something there because my hair will never look like theirs but if thats their secret you can count me out!)

Because I'd just spent more than I would like on the John Frieda duo I was out for a bargain with my replacements and decided to try the Suave Professionals Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. And boy am I glad! I think these were $1.99 each and I LOVE it! Great bang for your buck. The website says that the shampoo/conditioner combo is formulated to work as a duo and provide results similar to those achieved with Matrix Amplify Shampoo and Conditioner. I have never tried the Matrix version but this Suave one is great! I feel like the shampoo gets my hair really clean and does not leave any build up and the conditioner isn't too heavy at all. Winner!
I'm all about trying to save where I can these days and while on the Suave website I saw that they also have a clinical strength deodorant. I may have to try this out also because that Secret Clinical Strength is $$$! I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: