Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Product Review: Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair

I’ve been meaning to post about the wonderfulness of this product for several weeks now but I just keep forgetting. Something else I’ve been forgetting to do is actually use the product though so when I pulled it out last night and swept it over my sofa for the first time in few weeks and immediately saw the AMAZING results, I felt it was time to share.

As you know I have this furry little friend who loves to lay around and watch tv with me and cuddle on the sofa. However Ellie’s white hair plus a dark brown sofa:

is not the best combination.

When I first saw one of these products I was so excited. I thought “Wow! This is EXACTLY what I need! This will be great – how easy!”. I brought home the 3M Fur Fighter and got to work. It did the job but the teeth on the little sheets were just so thin. It didn’t really seem like the teeth were long enough to grab much or like the sheets would hold very much hair. I tried it a few times, luckily it had been purchased with a coupon, and then resorted back to just vacuuming the furniture every now and then. Not fun or easy.

So I was super excited when Pledge released their much improved solution to the pet hair/sofa problem – enter the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair.

This product is the best thing ever! And so much better than the other version, sorry 3M. This one does a great job of picking up all the hair, lint, etc and then keeps it all in the little bubble thing on the top instead of it just being kind of ‘out there’ on the other one. Its got 2 rollers underneath with much better 'teeth' for grabbing the hair. Also, I’ve used mine several times and its nowhere near full. It’s a great thing to just swipe over the furniture before company comes over. I think it could even be useful if you didn't have a pet, just to clean things up a bit. I highly recommend it and you can click here for more information! (I was going to have you click there for a coupon but unfortunately its expired - sorry! I think its normally about $5 and so worth it!)

I know I'll be needing to use this tomorrow after Ellie and I watch Giuliana and Bill and the premiere of Top Chef Las Vegas tonight - yea! I really hope this is a fun group of chefs! I think it will be so much fun to watch them cook in all the fantastic restaurants in Vegas also. My friend Heather is going to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill in Las Vegas this very weekend and I'm so jealous! Hopefully she will post a great review for us next week... The cookbook is amazing; I can only imagine what the food would be like at the actual restaurant!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! I love the pledge pet hair things too!! They are amazing! Until they came along I always had to vacuum the sofa too, or I would use one of those clothes lint rollers and it took me half of the roller to clean the whole couch. What a watse. The Pledge things are genius!!

Stacy J. and Lindsay B. said...

I have been to Mesa Grill and it is AMAZING. One of the best meals of my life. The cornbread muffins were my favorite part.

Girl Meets Beau said...

I am going to have to try this pledge sweeper! Our dog doesn't shed too much, but I think this is a great tool to keep around the house regardless!!

And yes, I have tried berripop and loved it! Hubs, not so much, but I thought it was delicious. Never had Piccomolo before. Will have to try it!

Unknown said...

Great find, will have to recommend to my Mum, Have a sweet Sunday! x

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Kristina Clemens said...

Lucky, lucky you...gettin' to go to Mesa Grill! So jealous...=)
Kristina J.

Anant said...

amazing blog dear keep it up.
https://sites.google.com/site/hargaobatdetoxic/