Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

So I have to admit, I am a fan of reality tv. And one of my many guilty pleasure reality tv shows is The Real Housewives of the OC. Please tell me you watch it also! Somehow I'm only getting into it in these past two seasons but now I am totally hooked! Seeing the reruns from previous seasons kind of makes me glad I didn't watch it before though - how annoying are Jo and Slade???



So, did anyone watch it last night? W-O-W! Tamra's fancy dinner party was so scandalous they needed to bring last week's antics into this week's episode as well! I do feel bad for Gretchen and think that she probably just really needed to cut loose a bit but I wish she could have been a little more graceful about it. I am so glad she did not end up hooking up with Tamra's son Ryan though and that they also did not keep filming her through the night (probably getting sick) and rolling around on her couch the next day fighting what must have been a monster hangover. And I must give her credit for returning to 'the scene of the crime' so quickly for Tamra's neighborhood pool party - she wasn't ashamed at all! I wonder what the reunion will be like though when Gretchen sees all the sneaky things Tamra tries to do to her to get her in trouble or just find out some dirt on her. Tamra needs to GROW UP - come on! I'm sure she's just jealous... And how inappropriate was Tamra's outfit at the kids pool party - those boobs are huge! She so did not get a reduction between seasons like she originally said, there is just no way!

This week the girls also traveled in a pack by limo once again to some fabulous salon/spa/shopping mecca and had yet another wonderful meal that I'm sure they didn't pay a cent for. Fred Segal was the location of choice this time and don't tell me that 'free perfume' they got wasn't just a big commercial for whatever that company was. There's tons to do in Fred Segal - did anyone else think it was weird that they just seemed to get the perfume and go?

The lunch conversation was a little more serious than normal when the girls began discussing what Gretchen would do for money if/when Jeff, her fiance, passed away. Vicki went into full on business mode and tried to give her advice but this just started a fight between Lynne and the rest of the girls and yet another situation where the old girls treat the new girls like a lowly pledge or something. Its so weird how they continue to act like that at their ages. They are all on this show together, yes, but its not like they've really done anything to be on the show or really proven themselves in some way that makes them more worthy to be there than anyone else. Oh well. Did anyone catch that Gretchen went to Baylor though??? Interesting!

The introduction of Lynne's business was also new for this week and lucky for her, she was able to make some headway in the process of getting her bracelets into Fred Segal. The bracelets are cute but definitely not worthy of the $225-$375 price tag she claims to be selling them for. I tried to find some info online but after a few attempts at searching the name of her company, "Cuff Love", on my work computer and coming up with all kinds of "love handcuff" references, I decided to give that up.

And now we must stay tuned for next week when Vicki and Jeana go visit Jeana's son and attend one of his baseball games. I must say that I think Jeana and Vicki are my two faves on the show. I hope that Jeana has some fun things happen for her soon!

I'm looking forward to Restaurant Wars on tonight's episode of Top Chef!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you watch last night?? i wanted to slap Jeana's son, Shane! He was so rude and obnoxious. I hope his future wife was watching! It seems like he doesn't know how to treat women! And, I totally caught it in last week's episode when Gretchen said she went to Baylor! Totally crazy. Also, did you notice at Tamra's dinner party that the chef was Brian from Top Chef!! He walked out and I was like....I know him...where do I know him from....TOP CHEF!! Dave proceded to tell me just how pathetic I am that I knew a person on one show from another TV show! :) ha.

Love that you're blogging!!