Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Its been awhile...

It was brought to my attention yesterday that its been awhile since I’ve posted…I guess my friends are a little bored at work and looking for something to do! I'm sorry for not updating more often but what can I say? Things have been pretty busy! Luckily they’ve also been very fun!

I attended the Britney Spears concert last Monday with some girlfriends and it was fabulous! It was really more of a ‘show’ than a concert. The Pussycat Dolls opened for her and they were amazing to watch as well. If you need some motivation to work out, watch those girls strut their stuff for a few minutes! Once PCD wrapped up their show, the “circus” began – seriously. Britney had crazy hula hoop people, gymnasts, jugglers, all kinds of traditional circus fare. And then the real show began! Brit Brit was lowered down from the ceiling for the first song and the show definitely did not disappoint. She seems to be back to her old self, dancing like crazy and just being an awesome entertainer. Granted I only think she ‘sang’ one song but they didn’t really even try and have you believe she was singing the rest of the time. You know how they will usually have screens at a concert with a close up of the performer so that you can still see if your seats aren’t that great? Well there was none of that here! I think if we could have seen her face during all of these songs, it would have been just highly focused on the next dance move! We didn’t really mind though, watching her dance was a lot more exciting than watching her sing!



The show was great. She changed clothes every chance she got and participated in a few ‘circus’ acts herself. There was getting lowered down from the ceiling, then getting sawed in half, appearing out of nowhere, disappearing through a trap door, fire, fireworks, you name it – it was in this show! Quite a spectacle!

The rest of the week was marked with me finally moving into the house my family has been working on redoing! I plan on posting some major before and after pictures, but for now here’s just a taste.
Here is the kitchen before and after:


And here is the view of the living room from the top of the stairs, before and after:


As you can see a lot of changes have been made!

This has really been taking up all of my time, both at work and after work. At work I’ve been trying to schedule deliveries, set up movers and find things online that we still need for the house as well as get all of my highly personal information to the mortgage company. I’ve never felt so violated in my life! Its been a lot of fun though and I think we’ve all learned a lot. Thankfully my brother and dad have a great vision for the finished product and are quite handy; otherwise none of this would have been possible!

I did take a break this weekend from all the moving hoopla to celebrate my friend Lacey’s birthday. Happy Birthday Lacey! We have become a huge fan of the birthday brunch and tried out a new place on Sunday called Bedford. We all loved our food and, of course the mimosas! Any excuse to drink champagne and I’m on board! We all had a great time wishing Lacey a fabulous birthday and getting to catch up for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon...


And now to my final fun event – I attended Opening Day for the Astros on Monday with my friend Hailey, aka my baseball buddy! It was also the 10th Anniversary of Minute Maid Park so there was a lot going on! 10 years ago Lyle Lovett sang the national anthem on opening day and they had him back yesterday to do it again! They also had people who had been season ticket holders for the past 10 years hold the big American flag out on the field and lots of special introductions for the new players we've acquired - namely Pudge Rodriguez - yea! We lost the game but still had a lot of fun! Go 'stros! Things have been a lot of fun lately and hopefully this weekend will be more of the same. Luckily my office observes Good Friday so its a short week - always a good thing! - and my cousin is coming in town to visit and help with some house things. I am also planning on making a fun springtime/Easter dessert so be on the lookout for a recipe and step by step pictures later this week!

No comments: