Friday, July 17, 2009

Master Bathroom and Upstairs!

This is the final installment in the 'home improvement series' - the master bathroom.


Here's a reminder of where it all began...remember this house had been vacant for about a year when we were looking at it - it was cleaned up when we bought it but it had a LONG way to go!

The first thing my dad wanted to do was demo that jetted tub to make room for a much larger shower on the other side...


So in this picture, the tub used to be there on the right and the old shower was on the left.
The original plan was to only demo the old tub and shower but somehow that got lost in translation and they took out all the old cabinets, sinks, etc as well.
So then we, ahem - my brother, had to learn to be a cabinetmaker and start from scratch on new ones.
Progress on the new shower...

And this is where the tub used to be - its now a dressing area.


We have countertops!

And paint!

Finally...the finished product!
I LOVE this shower!

The chandelier is my favorite part though!

And here's a few more pictures of the finished rooms upstairs, etc.

Upstairs bedroom #1 aka - my old living room

Upstairs Bedroom #2 aka "The library"



And finally upstairs bedroom #3 - its my old college room! It was during my 'shabby chic' phase. I love having the bedroom set up this way, something about it is so comforting and its so funny when friends come over and see it because they always say "Its just like your old room!"

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christina said...

The bathroom looks amazing!!!