Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Product Review: MAC Lustreglass

Is it just me or does everyone else have multiple make up items run out at the same time? I am currently in need of blush, eyeshadow, bronzer and 2 lip glosses. Its fine if I have to buy one of these at a time but all FIVE! I’m trying to make do for now and get by with samples, etc but I think I am going to have to break down soon and get the lip glosses.

As I’ve said before, I am a sucker for a new product, a marketer’s dream, always willing to try something new – especially any sort of health/beauty product or make up. BUT over the years I have gotten much better about make up buys and have finally narrowed my lip glosses down to 2. These have been the only colors on my lips for a few years now and I just love them.

The first comes courtesy of my friend Lauren. She is a slave to MAC and happened to pick this up on a whim in the spring of 2004. At the time Lauren was coming to Houston quite a bit and we had regular weekend slumber parties. Because I saw her so often, I immediately noticed the new color she was sporting on her lips and had to try it for myself. I have to mention that Lauren and I do not have the same coloring at all. She has blond hair and blue eyes, I have dark brown (almost black) hair and brown eyes but I was sure this color would somehow magically work on me as well. And I was right! I LOVED it right away and bought it as soon as I could. It has also become a favorite of my friend Hailey, who does have brown hair and brown eyes like me, as well as several other people. This color seems to look great on everyone – if you’re looking for something new, check out MAC’s Decorative Lustreglass!
I know this picture looks like its a very grape-y purple gloss, but it is a very pretty color! Very similar to Clinique's Black Honey, its just got more of a 'kick'...

Once I fell in love with Decorative, I was looking for something a little more subtle and found Star Nova. This color is great for a lighter look; I find that I wear it at the office a lot and in the summer. Looks great with a tan!


Both of these products are from MAC’s Lustreglass collection and which I also think is just fantastic because the application wand has a little brush on the end of it instead of one of those sponge things. Not a huge deal but I highly prefer the brush. Lustreglass is pretty moisturizing, the color lasts a long time and its not too sticky. I’ve been running low on these items for a few weeks now, scraping the tubes for the last bit of gloss. I think today might have to be the day I restock…

1 comment:

Ryan K said...

WOW, these look really nice! :)and Thank you for the Morracan lantern tip! I'm checking it out after work! :) THANK YOU :) Have a great day!