Friday, May 29, 2009

The verdict is in....

WINNER!

As promised, I tried the Murad Vitamin C Home Infusion Facial Kit last night and while skeptical at first, I must say I do believe it works!

I tried this last night after my shower and it was very easy and quick once I got the hang of mixing the powder with the gel. There is a lot more powder to work with than gel so some of it did fly out of the bowl at first, I'll have to be more careful next time. I love the little brush that it came with too, it seems so 'professional'. The directions warn that you may feel a slight tingling feeling or heat so I was ready for the worst but it wasn't too bad. I only felt the tingling for a minute and it wasn't anything awful that I wanted to immediately wash off or anything.


It wasn't quite as relaxing as this...but for 10 minutes it was just fine.

You keep the mask on for 10 minutes but be careful not to touch your face during this time. It isn't one of those treatments that hardens or anything, it just stays wet and thin on your face. When the 10 minutes were up, I rinsed my face with warm water and then immediately began inspecting it in the mirror for these fab results I'd read about yesterday. Right away I noticed that my pores were visibly smaller. It was hard to tell on the brightness factor as I'd just splashed warm water on my face and my face was still a little flushed from that and a shower. My skin also felt very soft and smooth.

The Sensitive Skin Smoothing Serum is the finishing touch to this process and I was very pleased with it as well. Its just a clear gel that goes over your face and neck to, I assume, calm things down from the vitamin C treatment. You get quite a bit of the serum in the kit so I may keep using it in between 'treatments'.

I was so excited to wake up this morning and assess the 'brightness factor'. I examined my face closely and, to me, it did appear a bit brighter but I may have just been hoping for that. I do feel like my face feels more 'alive' though and that my skin looks really clear, soft, and smooth so I guess thats a plus. It might be the kind of thing that gets better the more you use it so I'll keep you updated on Round 2 in a few weeks. For now I am a happy girl though and feel that I have at least taken one step in taking better care of my skin!
Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments: